Thursday, November 11, 2010

LOTD Neutrogena MoistureShine LipSheers in Shimmering Blush

In an effort to whittle down my stash of lipsticks, I'm going to do a Lip of the Day at least once a week and post my opinion of them. Just like taupe eyeshadows, I have a zillion pink lipsticks. Ok, not a zillion, but at least a dozen are all some shade of "rose" or "blush." And it's getting to the point where I only really use a few tried and true favorites and the others just kind of wallow in the drawer. So hopefully this pictorial documentation will help me decide which ones to keep and which ones to toss in the discard box.

For starters, here are my scary, colorless lips wearing nada except Chapsticks 100% Naturals Lip Butters.


And here is the LOTD: Neutrogena MoistureShine LipSheers in Shimmering Blush.

Neutrogena's website has this to say:
MoistureShine® LipSheers instantly soothe dry lips with sheer, cooling color. Moisture-infused formula contains SPF 20 to protect lips.

This sheer, elegant lip color feels as good as it looks. The advanced formula contains moisturizing emollients and vitamin E to instantly soften and hydrate, while SPF 20 guards against sun damage. A unique cooling sensation soothes on contact.




It's not a ton of color, but it's definitely more than what I have naturally. I'd say it's more of a nude blush than a pink one. It goes great with everything and since it is moisturizing, I don't have to carry a separate lip balm if I don't want to. Plus I like that it comes in a sleek silver tube, so it fits easily in your pocket and doesn't jab you in the hip like some square lipstick tubes can.

No comments: