Friday, November 5, 2010

Haul and a Challenge

Sephora's annual Friends and Family event has come and gone. This was the first one I've ever participated in and my haul is very tiny compared to what some people get. Let's put it this way... I got more in samples/birthday gifts than actual products! My 20% off basically gave me free shipping, but that's ok. I was super stoked when the UPS guy dropped off my box yesterday afternoon.


What I bought:
  • Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow in Dandy Brandy (bottom left)
  • Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow in Fawn Over Me (bottom right)

What I got as samples/a birthday gift from Sephora:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion and Urban Decay Eyeshadow duo in Midnight Cowboy Rides Again and Flipside (top left)
  • Ralph Lauren Romance spray (top middle - since it's a staple, I figured I couldn't go wrong)
  • Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (middle, middle - for my hubby to try)
  • Sephora trio: mini white eyeshadow, mini silver/green eyeliner and a mini mascara (I forget the names... sorry...)

I'll make sure to get some swatches up next week.

Now, on to the challenge. I'm trying out different basecoat/topcoat combinations on my nails and I'm trying to find my HG combo. So, here's a little note for myself on my progress, since I just painted them. I'm going to see how each "combo" wears and if there's a vast difference between one hand or the other.

Left hand:

  • Basecoat: Salon Sciences Instant Artificials - 1 coat
  • Color: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Pink Slip - 3 coats
  • Topcoat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - 1 coat

Right hand:

  • Basecoat: Salon Sciences Instant Artificials - 1 coat
  • Color: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Pink Slip - 3 coats
  • Topcoat: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat - 1 coat


No comments: