Thursday, November 4, 2010

Grassroots Blue Algae Enriched Firming Eye Cream

Here's what Kohl's has to say:

This cooling, gel-based eye cream absorbs quickly to lift, firm and hydrate the delicate skin around the eyes, while supplying nutrients for a more youthful appearance. 0.5 oz.

•Immediately: 73% increase in moisture level of eye area skin.

•After 4 weeks: 47% of subjects reported seeing firmer skin around the eyes.

•Helps lift, firm and tighten eye area skin.

•Instantly hydrates, refreshes, soothes and cools eye area skin.

•Ophthalmologist tested.

•Key ingredients:
•Blue Algae: protein-rich sea plants that improve skin condition with natural firming properties
•Hawaiian Deep Seawater: mineral-rich, pure water source that helps skin to lock in hydration
Replidium™ (Hydrolyzed yeast protein): a ferment that helps the body make lipids from within


Here's what I say:

I've never been a big "eye cream" person. I would just slap my usual moisturizer under there and call it a day. Then, when my skin started freaking out (not to mention drying out), I found my regular moisturizer wasn't enough. My undereye area was looking crepey and concealer was caking and settling like mad. I'd tried other eye creams before and wasn't really impressed. Then, one day, I was wandering through the makeup/skin care aisle at Kohl's and stopped to investigate.

I've been using this stuff for over two months now, day and night, and it's perfect for me. It's great underneath concealer and I haven't had any problems with it stinging or burning. The light gel/lotion texture is refreshing and a little goes a long way. It smells fresh and clean and absorbs quickly, while simultaneously leaving the undereye area completely hydrated. Since I don't have any wrinkles yet or sagging, I can't really attest to the "firming" qualities, but my undereye looks smoother than it did before I started using it.

At $27.50, the price may seem a little high for the 0.5 oz that you get, but since you barely have to use any (I just lightly tap the pad of my ring finger in the top and to get a smidgen and then pat it into place - the gel spreads nicely, so you really don't need to glop it on), the price isn't outrageous. And Kohl's usually runs sales or discounts of some sort, so you can usually find it for cheaper.

Would I recommend? Yes! Would I buy again? Definitely!

No comments: