Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Challenge update and a NOTD

Last Friday I posted a little note about a nail challenge I was doing. The results? Five, count them ... five whole days, of a pretty non-chipped manicure. It's a miracle! Normally stuff chips on me within two days. Sometimes less. It probably would have lasted longer, too, except I ended up picking at a spot by my cuticle and then had to change the whole thing. I didn't really notice a difference between the Salley Hansen Insta-Dri and the Seche Vite top coats, except Seche Vite was a little thicker, and I ended up picking at a nail on my right hand first... So, I guess that bit is still undecided.

Now, it could have been that my trial manicure lasted so long because my nails are extremely short at the moment, so I'll be doing another unofficial challenge to see how long this manicure lasts and if Instant Artificials is really a little hot pink miracle.

I was going to go with something darker and more autumnal, but since it was 70 degrees here in Po'Dunk, I was still in the mood for something a little lighter. I opted for China Glaze Something Sweet, a pale opaque pink creme from the Up! collection earlier this year. It's actually a little more vibrant in person, but still pretty subdued, which is good since my nails are sooo short right now.


  • Basecoat: Salon Sciences Instant Artificials - 1 coat
  • Color: China Glaze Something Sweet - 2 coats
  • Topcoat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - 1 coat

No comments: