Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Benefit Eye Bright


TiffanyD is definitely the one responsible for getting me hooked on this undereye brightening pencil. After watching her rave about it in several of her tutorials, I finally caved and went to Ulta to test it out. The woman at the Benefit counter first tried applying it over my concealer and it was a cakey, chalky, pink-hued mess. So, then she wiped off all of my undereye makeup, applied a moisturizer and then the Eye Bright. Pat, pat, pat, some powderflage and voila! I looked even more awake than when I walked into the store.

Needless to say, I'm hooked. For me, the key to using this product is to moisturize beforehand. If you don't, I don't think it "sets" right. I've been using it for two months now and I've yet to sharpen it, thus proving that a little goes a long way. (I actually don't apply it under my entire undereye - just the shadowy part in the inner corner and the first third of my undereye area).

Occasionally, I've used it to as a highlight on my brow bone, but I much prefer it strictly for brightening the shadowy areas. I don't have extremely dark circles by any means, but I have very thin skin under my eyes that are prone to blueness. The pale pink in the Eye Bright counteracts that a lot better than salmon or peach colored correctors that I've tried in the past.

It's $20, but I think it's worth it. If I ever happen to run out, I'll definitely be purchasing another one.

No comments: