Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An eyeshadow brush for... your nails?!

To get the review section up and running, I thought I would start with my most recent "Eureka!" moment.

Like I said in my previous post, I've recently started with a small nail obsession. I don't have nice nails. I never have. They split and tear quite easily and don't grow very long. I also have short, squarish nail beds that make painting short nails a PITA. Despite all of that, I can't help but be drawn in to the whole new, exciting world of nail polish.

Like any beauty-obsessed girl, I headed to the blogging world and started reading up on reviews and tips. I'm right handed, so my left hand always looks beautiful while my right hand... Well... Not so much. I usually end up with paint slopped all over and then spend the next twenty minutes with a Q-tip soaked in nail polish remover and an orange stick, trying to undo my mess. Vampy Varnish recommended using a craft brush from an art store to clean up messy cuticles.

Eureka! I had just such a brush that's been collecting dust in the "Eh" section of my stash.

Enter, the EcoTools Eye Shading Brush.






I tried using it for eyeshadows, to no avail. It didn't pick up enough color, didn't pack it on, and caused more fallout than I've ever had before. So, for the past few months, it's been shoved to the back and I assumed it would never see the light of day.

Until... I figured out you can use it to clean up nail polish goofs! Now I love this brush! It cleaned everything up better than the Q-tips and it is still Eco-friendly, considering it's reusable!

So, the moral of the story is: Just because something sucks at it's intended purpose, doesn't mean you can't find a better use for it somewhere else in your makeup routine. :)

No comments: