Tuesday, October 19, 2010

About Me

So, I thought I would start off by actually introducing myself.

My name is Ashley and I'm twenty-something years old, living in Po'Dunk, Illinois with my husband and our four fur-babies. My career has absolutely no relation to the beauty industry, so this is just the ramblings of a makeup-hobbyist. I love makeup, perfume, and skincare. I've also recently branched out into being obsessed with nails, so my blog will be a reflection of all those things and everything else in between.

I'm planning on focusing on reviews, swatches, and beauty news for the "middle way" cosmetics and the brands that are often overlooked. I know MAC is great and I own various products from them, but I think Clinique and Lancome need just as much love - just to give an example.

For reference, I'm very pale and run on the cool-neutral side. I've been matched with MAC's NW15 and NC15 (depending on the sales associate), Revlon ColorStay in Ivory and Clinique Perfectly Real in Shade 01. I have auburn hair and light blue eyes, with a smattering of freckles across my nose.

My skin used to be combination/oily, but now I'm super dry and dehydrated and currently on the hunt for a moisturizer that will combat the dryness without making my acne/clog-prone skin unhappy. I flush very easily, but my skin isn't as sensitive as it was growing up - it's just super, super picky.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to e-mail me at viamediabeauty@aol.com.